Dear Friends and Colleagues,
We’re no strangers to the challenging demands of 2023 – it called for our determination and perseverance. From the SCOTUS decision on reversing affirmative action and the rise of ethno-national fascism to the continued escalation in hate and the rippling effects of gun violence on the well-being and mental health of our Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities.
Our communities bear these challenges with strength, resolve, and security in the face of adversity– and it’s thanks to supporters like you! As the year draws to a close, we reflect on the tremendous work of AAPI Equity Alliance and our member organizations.
In 2023, we…
- Organized an opportunity for over 300 community-based organizations and leaders to come together, learn from each other and strengthen connections at the Stop the Hate California Statewide Convening.
- Heard from 71 Koreatown residents about their thoughts on redistricting and city council expansion as part of our work with the Organize Unite Reform (OUR) LA coalition.
- Supported the Monterey Park community after the tragic Lunar New Year shooting with a resource directory accessible in nine languages and the distribution of funds to the victims’ families within five months of the shooting.
- Held space for our member organizations, partners and local elected officials during Asian American Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) Heritage Month to celebrate, grieve, and heal.
- Advanced the health and racial equity of AAPIs through the release of three groundbreaking reports: All Hands on Deck, The State of Hate in Los Angeles, and Stop AAPI Hate’s Righting Wrongs.
None of this would be possible without your continued support!